Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mornings at the beach...

Lately on either a Saturday or Sunday morning (just after sunrise around 545am, eeek!) we take a trip to the beach to relax and enjoy the view. We stay until it starts getting hot or until the UV rays start to take their toll on Schan and me. Even though I'm a redhead, I tolerate the sun better than poor Schan does. He burns sooo easily! I love the beach in the mornings though. We're usually the only ones there, the weather is beautiful, and you can find the first shells that have washed ashore during the night. Schan has taken up a new hobby too... metal detecting. Beaches are apparently a good place to do this, because I know that I have lost some money in the past (even a watch, ughh) in the sand. He's found several of the 100 yen coins (about the equivalent of a US dollar), a silver ring, and of course a bunch of bottle caps, haha. I think he's waiting to find a jackpot though, and of course I want him to dig up some old buried Asian treasure chest, haha. Most likely, that will not happen, but a girl can hope :)









1 comment:

Anna said...

Gosh our mornings sound so similar. Wake up, eat breakfast... go to the beach, oh, wait, no. I go to work. Slackers! :) Sounds like fun.

-Anna