Friday, June 20, 2008

Car names


I was going to do a Top 10 list of the funniest car names we've seen in Okinawa, but I thought of a few more and had to add them as well. Sooo, as David Letterman would say.... "Ladies and Gentlemen, here is tonight's Top 12 list!"

#12. Suzuki Splash- Well, “splash” is actually a good name for a car here, since we’re on an island.
#11. Mitsubishi Mum 500- Looks like a little Jetson's car, only it doesn't fly ;)
#10. Toyota Stout – It’s an older pickup from the ‘70s I’m guessing, that I’ve seen around a few times... not very exciting.
#9. Toyota Deliboy- If you don’t own a sandwich shop, why would you want this car? Interesting.
#8. Daihatsu Move- I bet if it “moved” too fast around a corner, it would tip over. It somewhat resembles a Scion-xb, if you know what that is.
#7. Mazda Bongo- Just a boring van, so it needs a catchy name to get your attention.
#6. Honda Joy Machine- I’m not sure if driving that car would bring me anything close to joy, haha.
#5. Honda Life Dunk- A Japanese mini-vehicle w/ a turbo engine. The first turbo vehicle to pass the low-emission test here. I love this name, haha!
#4. Daihatsu Latte- Could I get this latte at Starbucks for $2.50? Nope.
#3. Suzuki Every- A compact little van, supposed to be very roomy inside. So you can fit “Every”body in it??
#2. Honda That's- Seriously, "That's" is the name of the car.... had to look twice on this one. A car “that is”…what??
#1. Daihatsu Naked- Imagine saying... "Hey, I'm going to go take the Naked for a drive, be back later!" What a name for a car, geez.
P.S. The picture shown above is of a Naked car. Put some clothes on.... come on! ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This was great. Makes you wonder what they were thinking about when they name the cars. Almost like a big joke to outdo each other. Why didn't you and Schan get creatively named vehicles? hehe Judy

Nancy said...

hahahahaha...too funny! Are you having culture shock yet?

Carmen D. said...

If we could take the cars back to the states with us, we might have bought one of the funny ones :) We figured it would be better to buy used "normal" cars to save money, since we'll only be here a few years.

Anna said...

What do you drive? Naked. I'm going out in the Naked. Just take my Naked.

So funny.

Cindi said...

Hey there!

Okay, I have to say I think we are still slightly in "shock" at the moment but loving EVERY minute of it! We finally have housing on McTureous and are getting settled in a bit...

Let me know you would like to get together for lunch and we can venture out a bit.

Cindi
www.thehedricksadventures.blogspot.com